Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cooperative Learning

This is where I will be talking about cooperative learning in a Special Education Classroom setting. In my classroom I want it to be a cooperative learning environment. I want the students to be able to gather together to practice and study to learn and understand things from each others perspective. There is a growing acknowledgement that combined with whole group instruction and individual work; cooperative learning should be a regular part of the week’s classroom discussion and instructions. By students interaction with each other makes cooperative learning very influential. To have a successful group of students they must exchange ideas, and make plans and propose solutions. It is going to be the teachers job to encourage these exchanges and structure the students’ work so their communication is on-task and productive. In my classroom I am going to try to have students work in groups as much as I can so they learn from their peers so when they get out in the real world they have a sense of how to communicate and discuss stuff with other people.

No comments: